Saturday, November 21, 2009

Too long

It has been way too long since I've updated. This will be a hodge podge of things
I've been meaning to write. Life is good here. The boys finished up their fall sports. Connor's team tried hard but unfortunately never did win a game. The problem was that they had to combine the JV and varsity this year so they had kindergartners who had never played on the same team as 3rd graders with 2 or 3 years experience. Connor's team had mainly new players. Connor was quarterback and his coaches were really impressed with him. He takes it seriously and gives it his all. He scored a touchdown at almost every game and was always a leader in the flag grabbing department :) Landon did awesome at soccer. His coach called him their star player :) Soccer just seems to come naturally to him. During one game, he scored 7 goals. Landon will start basketball in January. The boys got their report cards last week. Connor got straight A's and Landon did great too. He brought one C up to an A and another B up to an A. All in all 3 A's, 2 B's and a C in handwriting. He takes after his dad in that department! We are very proud of both of them.
Liam is doing great. He is so smart! He writes his first name and is working on his last name. He loves to draw and practice his letters. He is always "reading" to Noah. He is always the first to volunteer and answer during circle time at the preschool. He is still very shy though and pretty much refuses to talk to people. He LOVES music and is always singing.
Noah is growing fast. He is very strong willed and independent. He can through a major fit when he doesn't get his way. He loves to make people laugh though. His favorite word is "look". He'll put a basket over his head and run through the house yelling "mommy, look!". He also LOVES to eat and is always getting into the cabinets. He uses the step stool to get up on the counters and get food. I'm always catching him with a slice of bread out of the bag. He'll eat just about anything!
Mike is doing good. School is going well. He only has a few more weeks in this semester. He has started working part time at Indian Path in the ER. It's a blessing because since it's still for Mountain States (same as WINGS), the time he puts in there is overtime. He still wants to keep working at leats one day a month at Bristol as well.
I'm feeling good. Tired but good. I started feeling the baby move this week. It's so neat! After some lab mix ups, all my tests have come back good. I failed the one hour glucose test but passed the 3 hour. I had cut down on my cards a few days before the one hour and then flound out later that you shouldn't do that. It can cause a false positive. At least I know for the next test! Landon told me the other day that we'll know if the baby is a girl if at the ultrasound, it has a lot of hair. According to him, girls have a lot more than boys. We'll see if his theory holds true :) Still working at the preschool. Unfortunately, our old boss moved and we have a new one. It is just not the same and the atmosphere has changed. They have also changed the policy as to when babies can start so instead of me starting back in October, I will now have to take the full year off. It will be wonderful to home with the kids full time but it will be a struggle financially. I do still have my part time job with Chad so that's good. I'm also going to get back into candle making. We are just trusting that God will provide as He always has. Mike getting in at Indian Path is evidence of that! So, all is well at the Burton's! Crazy but good :)
I'm really going to try and do better about posting. I know I'm going to forget things if I don't do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment