Monday, February 21, 2011

Insanity

Mike and I both have been wanting to get into shape. A friend of mine had done the Insanity workout program and said it was tough but worth it. I finally talked Mike into it. We started it last Friday and let me tell you, it's intense! It is the hardest workout I've ever done. We were both drenched in sweat and laying on the floor when it was done. And even though my body ached, I felt good! I felt like I accomplished something. With the program, you work out 6 days a week. I did day 4 today. One thing I like is that there are many different workouts and you rotate through them so you never do the same thing back to back. We took our starting weight and measurements and will recheck weight on Friday. I'm going o be brave and say my starting weight was 161. Can't remember my measurements but I'll report any losses in the future. My main goal is to tone up. I really want to be able to wear tank tops this summer! I also want to have more energy. Anyway, I'm hoping Insanity helps Mike and I both!

5 comments:

  1. Is that one of the Beach Body workouts?

    Anyway, I admit to being terrified of anything called Insanity! You are way braver than I. I mostly need to be more consistent with exercise...and I confess that at this point Walk Away the Pounds and yoga are more my speed!

    I can't wait to cheer your results though! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Karen it is by Beach Body. I'm now on day 11 and I definitely feel stronger. I don't have to take as many breaks during the workouts. There are days, I have to force myself to do it but I always feel so good once I'm done. Unfortunately, I haven't lost any weight but I'm building muscle. My jeans feel looser and my legs definitely feel more toned. Mike on the other hand has lost 6 lbs! Why is it so much easier for men??? I'm glad you found something you like. I did yoga throughout all my pregnancies and loved it! It toned but was so relaxing at the same time. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement and I'll keep you posted with my progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not heard about this one? I think every time I've gone to Beach Body's site or heard their name it's been about the P90X, so Insanity must have been overshadowed.

    But I just went and checked it out and it sure does sound intense! I do really like the idea that it's something different each day though - lately I've been attempting to not be killed by Jillian Michaels and the 30 Day Shred, but doing the exact same thing day after day does get a little old. (At least when I'm not passed out with exhaustion to realize it)

    Keep up the great work, it sounds like you're doing pretty amazing so far! I'm sure the pounds will start coming off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new here! Would love you to come visit and follow me too. Have a beautiful day! :) Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xenia-the biggest difference between insanity and P90X is that you don't need any equipment for insanity. You just use your own body weight for resistance. Like not having the extra expense! I really like having a different workout each day. Keeps it from getting to monotonous.
    Shauna-Nice to meet you! I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete