Monday, June 22, 2009

Slacker






I have SO been slacking on this blog. I'm sitting outside watching the boys play so I figured it would be a good time to do a quick check in. We are still recuperating from our long drive home from Wisconsin. The older boys did really well for the most part but Noah had a rough time. He didn't sleep very much and did not like being confined to his car seat. I know car seats are a must but I have to say I missed the days where kids could stretch out and move around the back seat. I remember making a pallet of pillows and blankets in the floor board and napping there. Mike says he remembers laying up in the back window. Amazing we're still alive! But then again, that was before dvd players so I guess we did what we had to do to get through a long ride. The trip was so worth it though. We had a great time in WI. It was so relaxing and great to be with family. It makes me sad that we can't see them more often, especially for thr boys. They loved being surrounded by doting grandparents, aunts and uncles and incredible cousins :) It was also great to have some time for Mike and I to be together, something we don't get much of here. Although I'm hoping Grammy and Papa will have them over when they get back from FL ;) For now, it's back to the day to day stuff. Mike has been gone every day since we got home. He did luck out and get to come home early yesterday (2:30 instead of 8:30). So at least the boys got to spend Father's Day with him. He works so hard and I am so proud of him! He's off on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that.
The boys are staying busy. They are going to VBS this week each morning from 9:30-12:15. They LOVE it and it gives me a chance to run errands or clean house. We were planning a trip to FL but with my recent pay cut I don't think it will happen. Plus, the only tie we could go with Mike's school is this Friday to next Wednesday and I don't we have the energy to go on another road trip so soon. I feel bad because I know Grandma really wants to see the boys but I just don't thinkit will happen this summer. It's hard with the boys being in school. Maybe we'll be able to go down for a few days at Christmas break. Time will tell I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment