Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Most Important Decision

I was helping the boys get ready for VBS the other evening when Connor started to tell me about a conversation he had at school. He said he told one of his friends that he was a christian. I asked him what made him a christian and she he because he had been baptized. I informed him that he had never been baptized. I then sat him down and explained what it really meant to be a christian. I told him that you had to believe that Jesus was God's son and that he died for our sins. Connor said "I believe that." I talked to him a little more and then told him to think about everything and when he was ready he could come to me and I would pray with him. About 5 minutes later, he told me he was ready. I prayed with him and then of course started crying. I was so proud! He asked me more about baptism and I told him that was the next step. He's a little nervous about that so I told him we can hold off and talk about it later. About 20 minutes later, Landon came up and told me he wanted to accept Christ (he had been listening when I talked to Connor). I asked him some questions to make sure he understood and then I prayed with him. I was a huge honor! I am so pround of both of them. I told them it was the boggest decision they would ever make. They were excited and told Mike the minute he walked in the door the next morning. Part of me worries though about them REALLY understanding everything. I know it's really on ongoing thing though. As they get older, we will have to teach them biblical principles and help them to make the right choices. I am just so glad that they know God. I know there have been times in m life that I honestly don't think I would have gotten through with out my faith and God. I want my boys to have that same relationship and I'm ecstatic that they have laid the foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment