Monday, February 9, 2009

Checking In

I've been slacking on my posting. We did end up getting some snow last week although not as much as we hoped. We ended up with about and inch and a half. At least it was enough for the boys to play. They made snow angels and did some sledding. It was super cold though. Lows around 0 and colder with wind chill. Yesterday on the other hand it was near 70 and is supposed to be the same today and tomorrow. If we're not going to get more snow, then I'm ready for spring. The boys missed 3 1/2 days of school last week. They enjoyed the time off but they won't when they have to make it up in May.
We had a busy weekend. Friday night Mike and I went on a date :) It was the first time we've gone out to eat alone since Noah was born. The YMCA was offering a Parent's Night Out. It was only $20 for all four boys and they fed them Subway for dinner. Pretty good deal. Saturday, Connor and Landon had basketball. I've never cared for basketball but I LOVE watching them play. They always do a devotional during half time. The one they did this Sat was wonderful. Very inspirational and moving. Here's the link:
http://www.rhchurch.org/pages/cardboard-testimonies/

I cried both times I watched it. Our friends Bryan and Lori came over Sat afternoon. We had a great time just hanging out and enjoying the weather. Sunday afternoon, we had small group. We all had a great time and laughed a lot! Connor spent the afternoon at his friend Liam's house. They road bikes and played outside for hours. All in all, a very nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment