Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Weekend



We had a nice weekend, at least until Sunday afternoon when I managed to lose my keys somewhere in Johnson City. Saturday morning we went to a big yard sale in Gray. It was a bust but it was a nice day and was good to get out. After that, we took the boys to dad's farm to see the new baby goats. They were so cute! Two had just been born Friday and they were surprisingly friendly. One came right up to us and let us all hold it. We claimed it :) After that, we went home and had lunch and then Mike took Landon to a birthday party at fun expedition. He was so excited because it was his first invitation from school. I met my friend Lori at the movies later and we saw "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. It was good. Unexpected ending and really good special affects. Mike picked up an over time shift that night so it was just me and the boys.
Sunday we tried out a new church. We had a feeling it wasn't for us when we got inside and there was no one around. We had gone for the early contemporary service and apparently it's not overwhelmingly popular (only about 30 people).I found a lady getting coffee and asked where the kids went. She said "umm, I'm not sure. I think there's a room down the hall." Another woman went down the hall to check and informed us that there was no one int he nursery that morning. She said"sometimes there is and sometimes, there's not". Huh? I fought the urge to just leave and we went in with all 4 kids. the older 3 were pretty good but Noah got antsy pretty quickly. Mike stayed in the back most of the time with him. Then to top it off, there was no regualr sermon that day. They had the accountant guy talk about the budget and the capital campaign. Just our luck. I do have to say that we had at least 7 or 8 people including the pastor come up to us afterward to say hi and introduce themselves. A couple even apologized for the budget talk. Apparently, they only have children's church during the 10:00 service. Sure wish that had been on their website. They usually have someone to watch the babies/toddlers but she had had a rough morning and didn't make it for the 9:00 service. Oh well. They were very friendly, I'll give them that. Just don't think it was the place for us. Mom invited me to go shopping with her in Johnson City after church so I went. Somewhere between the mal and WalMart, I most my keys. We called everywhere and then backtracked ourselves looking for them. No one had seen them or turned them in. I was sick because the van key is the kind with the door lock buttons and cost around $75 to replace. We also ened up missing small group since I had to retrace my steps. SO frustrating! Oh well, what's done is done, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment