Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DVDs and an AWESOME surprise

Jenn and I had been taking pics of the kids in our class all year long. Last week, I started sorting through them to make a dvd for each child. We had close to 800 pictures! It took a long time to sort each child's pictures. It took even longer to burn all 16 dvds but it was so worth it. Watching their pictures set to music was so sweet. I cried just making them! I was working on them Monday night when there was a knock at the door. It was our friend Areli (she and her husband bought our old house in rock Springs and also ended up in our church small group). She said she had a surprise for me. She had been looking for wax paper and in the process had removed a drawer to see if it had fallen behind it. There, she found an envelope with my name on it. Inside was $112 cash!! I couldn't believe it! God is good!! I was SO thankful!! She made my week! We had already gotten a nice surprise from them a week ago. Jonathan showed up one evening with a beautiful sofa type log table and bench he had made from one of the trees he had cut down. They are moving and thought we might like it. It fits the house perfectly and we love it! Their thoughtfullness is such a blessing to us! The boys think the bench is so cool and love to sit on it. As for the dvd's, we handed them out Tuesday and I'm anxious to see how the parents liked them. Tomorrow is our last day so we'll see. I really love working at the preschool but I'm ready for the summer break!

1 comment: