Saturday, April 4, 2009

A First

Yesterday was Mike's 36th birthday. My friend Jenn offered to watch all the boys so we could go out and even volunteered to let them spend the night. I questioned her sanity for a minute. She insisted that she REALLY wanted them to and knew her kids would be so excited. I didn't know if Liam and Landon would stay the night but when I asked them, they said they wanted to. Noah has never been away over night before. I was a tad anxious (I only cried a little!) but he did great. Jenn promised to call immediately if any of them got homesick and we only live 5 minutes away so that helped. I called twice to check on them and all was great. I called first thing this am and Jenn said they had been great. No fighting and very well behaved. I was very relieved. When we went to pick them up they said they had a great time and couldn't wait to do it again. I was really glad they had a good time but I have to admit I was glad to have them home. I missed them SO much! Mike and I used the free time to go to dinner at Applebees and see the movie "He's Just Not That In To You". It had some funny parts but wasn't quite what I expected. It was rated PG13 and I don't know how it got that. Quite a bit of cursing. In the end, I wished we had gone to see "Bride Wars" instead. Oh well. It was still nice to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment